Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Screaming and Yelling

Normally I'm a relatively soft spoken person.
Although today screaming and yelling helped...
It really did! 
I was on the treadmill trying to achieve a new personal best.
(A faster pace and a longer run time.)
But there was 15 minutes left to complete...
And I felt so done.
Sweat was dripping from my hair and my calves were burning.
I felt like quitting so bad - and I almost did.
Then I literally started yelling, "You Can Do This!"
I yelled it probably 15 times through that last 15 minutes on the treadmill.
And I did it...
I achieved that faster pace and longer time.
Freaking Awesome!
I think all the uterine and breast cancer crap from last year has helped me to come out of my reserved and shy shell.
Now I feel like...
This is my life and I'm not going to be afraid of going after what I want.
And if yelling and screaming helps me get it - so be it!